Where can you find a peaceful and relaxing place worth 50 pesos?
Enjoy the beach and take shelter under the towering Agoho trees of Stella Mariz Beach Resort in Bagac, Bataan. The place is just 3 – 4 hours away from Manila and perfect for your weekend getaway. Entrance fee is only Php50 for day tour or P100 overnight.
The charm of this place is that you can spend a day in quietness and just relax. You can pitch your tent and cook your food for free. And if you have a hammock with you, certainly the place is perfect for you. The sand is not as white as the other beaches but it is clean and revitalizing. There are tables and cottages for rent and even boats to take you to the nearest island – Looc Beach and Playa La Caleta.
At night, make sure to bring a flashlight or any lighting to keep you guided as the place is really dark. Keep your garbages elevated to avoid being scattered by dogs or goats.
Buy your food in advance as there are no stores inside the resort. You can buy your stuff in Bagac market before heading to Stella Mariz.
What To Do
You can choose to stay in Stella Mariz and camp or if you want an extra adventure, hire a boat to visit Looc Beach, Sugong Cave and Playa La Caleta.
How to Get There
- Ride a Genesis Bus in Cubao terminal to Balanga, Bataan (drop-off point: Bataan Terminal )
- From Bataan Terminal, ride a jeep to Bagac Market
- Ride a tricycle to Stella Mariz
Tips and Reminder
- Bring your own food. There are no food stalls inside the resort. You can buy food in Bagac market
- Pitching of tent is free. Bring your own tent.
- Bring flashlights, fans, powerbanks and cooking set
- Practice LNT principle (Leave No Trace). Manage your trash and keep the place clean.
UPDATE As of 2019!!!
- Entrance fee at Stella Mariz – P100/head day or overnight (the 50-pesos entrance is now P100)
- All children below 5 years of age are free of charge
Picnic Table – P300/day
Open Bench – P700/day
Seaside Picnic Table (Pala-Pala) – P500/day
Campsite Area (good for 4 tents) – P500/day
Open Cottage (small, good for 10pax) – P1,500/day
Open Cottage (big, good for 15pax) – P2,000/day
Kubo Closed – P2,500/day
Villa (10 pax on beds, 10 on floor) – P4,000/day
White House (6pax beds, 10 on floor) – P5,500/day
Pavilion (approx. 50 to 100 persons) – P6,500/day
Good for 3 Persons – P200/day
Good for 4 Persons – P300/day
Good for 6 Persons – P500/day
Good for 8 Persons – P700/day
Note: All tent rentals are separate from CAMP SITE AREA FEE
BEACH VOLLEYBALL P300/period
You can contact Stella Mariz on these numbers:
FB Page: Stella Mariz Beach Resort
- Boat rental is P1,500 – P2,000 going to Looc Beach, Sugong Cave and Playa La Caleta
- Entrance fees are being collected
Stella Mariz Beach Resort is a nice and quiet place to stay and enjoy your weekend. Though not yet developed, the resort can accommodate groups and walk-in guests. The resort may lack in terms of rooms and access to stores. They are probably addressing these because we saw some constructions being built in the area.