Probably, one of your reasons visiting Albay is to see the astonishing Mayon Volcano which is dubbed as “World’s Most Perfect Cone Volcano”. We perfectly agree to that. It is not just perfect, it’s overwhelmingly beautiful. Mayon Volcano is remarkably bewitching and you’ll be getting 360 view wherever you go.
But, you can find a different view of Mayon in Camalig, Albay. This is where Sumlang Lake is. A calm and relaxing place to marvel around. Camalig is 30 minutes away from Daraga and an hour if coming from Legazpi.
Check out our short clip! Full video will be posted soon on Youtube. Don’t forget to subscribe! https://goo.gl/LtEpqi
Sumlang Lake can be enjoyed best when you try riding the bamboo raft, do paddle boarding or kayaking. And of course, the trip will not be complete without selfies, this time with Mayon Volcano as your background.
The place has stylish set of chairs and art pieces distributed around which provide a more appealing ambiance.
How To Get There
- Ride a jeep heading to Daraga
- From Daraga LCC Mall or Public Market, take the jeep with signage Polangui, Guinobatan or Camalig
- Tell the driver to drop you off at Agri-Village or just tell them you’re heading to Sumlang Lake
- From here, you can hire a tricycle or opt to walk (15 – 25 minutes)
Entrance Fees and Others
Entrance Fee – P20
2 Wheels – P10
4 Wheels – P20
Balsa Tour – P25/head
Kayaking – P50/head for 30 minutes
Aqua Biking – P50/head for 30 minutes
Floating Cottage – P200/hour
Things To Consider
Sumlang Lake Eco PArk Schedules:
Monday-Thursday is 8am to 6pm
Friday – Sunday is 6:30am to 6pm
- As always, practice the LNT Principles
- Bring umbrella and apply sunscreen especially during afternoon
- You may bring snacks with you but there are also food stalls in the area
- Camping is currently not allowed
- Restrooms are available in the park
- Swimming is not allowed